Why my "chaotic kitchen?" Have you ever tried to cook a meal with two small boys running around? Those Iron Chefs have nothing on me! Most of these recipes are pretty easy to prepare (I'm sorry but I'm not Julia Child) and hopefully are easy to follow. Enjoy your stay and I hope you find some recipes that your family will enjoy!

Monday, September 30, 2013

Easy Peasy Chili

So my gorgeous Great Smoky Mountain calendar on the wall says its now fall and the Georgia temps are actually starting to cooperate (I've worn my jeans and my boots...I'm happy happy happy). What do I have to make as soon as that season changes and I can step outside in jeans and not feel like I'm going to die of heat stroke? Well, make chili of course! This is a really easy recipe and (like a lot of my recipes) you can kinda add and take away to suit your family's tastes. This one uses some Tastefully Simple products but if you don't have them (and why don't you????) I have listed the substitute.






Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce (or 2 small cans)
1 1/2 Tbs Onion, Onion (or some chopped up onion)
3 Tbs Wahoo! Chili Seasoning  (or a packet of chili seasoning)
salt and pepper to taste
dash of sugar (optional)

Directions

1. Brown ground beef with your onions until beef is done and drain grease.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste and the chili seasoning. Stir.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Stir. (You can add a dash or two of sugar here if you like to cut the acidity of the tomatoes but this is optional.)
4. Let it simmer on the stove for at least 20-25 (longer is always better), stirring occasionally and giving it a taste to see if it needs any more seasoning to your liking.

Can serve with rice or cheese or cornbread or whatever you want. :)

* I like to use my left over chili for chili dogs the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment