Why my "chaotic kitchen?" Have you ever tried to cook a meal with two small boys running around? Those Iron Chefs have nothing on me! Most of these recipes are pretty easy to prepare (I'm sorry but I'm not Julia Child) and hopefully are easy to follow. Enjoy your stay and I hope you find some recipes that your family will enjoy!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

This is another recipe I saw floating around on Facebook and Pinterest (aren't they helplful? lol). I made a few changes to the recipe when I fixed it. I added a little something extra to my sauce to give it a slight kick (not much!). The chicken came out of the oven SOOO wonderfully crispy! Not a great picture (sorry); I'll try to get one of just the chicken the next time I fix it.


Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
salt
pepper
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 (10 oz) can Cream of Chicken soup
2 Tbs butter
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbs milk
Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Mix (optional)

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2.  Cut the chicken breasts in half length wise.
3. Put the crackers in a food processor and grind those babies up!
4.  Put the milk, 2 1/2 cups cheese, and cracker crumbs into 3 separate dishes. Add a dash of salt and pepper (to taste) to the crumbs and stir it up.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then the cheese (press the cheese onto the chicken, some will come off, don't panic!), and then into the cracker crumbs. Press it all onto the chicken (again, some will probably come off) and then place into the baking dish.
6. Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes.
7. While the chicken is cooking, in a medium sauce pan combine the Cream of Chicken soup, butter, and 2 Tbs of milk. Stir over medium heat until hot and then stir in the 1/2 cup of cheese and 1 Tbs of Fiesta Party Dip Mix (the dip mix is OPTIONAL). Let it bubble for a minute and then serve it over your chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment