Okay, okay. Before anyone gets on my case about the name of this dish, this is what a friend of mine called it when her mom made it for me every time I'd come over to spend the night. I don't know if its truly "German" (though I've had a HUGE pancake at a German restaurant). But its really yummy and really easy (of course...remember, I'm no Julia Child!) and my kids both love it.
2 Tbs butter
1 cup milk
2/3 cup flour
3 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 - 1 tsp lemon extract (depending on how "lemony" you want it)
powdered sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400. Put the butter in a 9 inch pie dish and stick it in the oven while it heats and you make your batter.
2. Mix milk, eggs, flour, sugar, salt, and lemon extra in a large bowl with a whisk (or fork) until well blended. It is going to be runnier than a regular pancake batter.
3. Pull the pie dish out of the oven (butter should be completely melted) and pour your batter into the hot dish.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pancake puffs up and is a pretty golden brown. It will sink a little as it cools.
5. Take it out of the oven and you can sprinkle with a some powdered sugar before serving.
*I always put a little syrup on my crust...its sooo yummy!