Like I said in a previous post, I love Mexican food, especially those yummy dips! I was craving some so I whipped up this very quick and easy layer dip this afternoon for a snack. Hubby ate most of it (of course!). This has the leftover chili from my post a few days ago (you can see the recipe for that here). I didn't measure anything so the amounts in the ingredients will be a bit "generalized;" just use enough to feed whomever you are feeding and to suit your tastes!
chili (homemade or canned)
1 can refried beans (cooked)
shredded colby jack
sour cream (for the dip)
mayonnaise (for the dip)
Fiesta Party Dip
1. Make the Fiesta Party Dip according to the directions on the bottle. Let it sit at least 2 hours.
2. Put a layer of chili in the bottom of a microwaveable bowl.
3. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Put a layer of refried beans.
5. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
6. Put a layer of Fiesta Party Dip.
7. Sprinkle a nice layer of shredded colby jack on top.
(You can start the layers over again if you want a thicker dip for more people)
8. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until its bubbling along the edges.
9. Heat for another 30 seconds or until the cheese on top is mostly melted.